Monday, June 9, 2014

Some of the Places I've Lived Part 2

Places I’ve Lived 2

"Some of the places I've lived" continued. In the summer of 1969 I began working at Farr’s Ice Cream, working in the plant, sacking product, doing assembly line work, separating the yokes from the whites of the eggs, pealing peaches and other tasks. I worked 3 summers and 1 winter at Farr’s until August 1971. After graduating from college in June 1971 I traveled with friends to Grand Teton Mountains in Wyoming (July 1971), to Arlington, Virginia to visit a boy friend (Aug. 1972). I Lived on 16th St. in Ogden with a girl friend from July to Nov. 1971 when my friend got married. I then lived in North Ogden and on Jefferson Blvd Ogden, With two friends who were sisters, from Nov. 1971 to Feb. 1972. During these months I would still visit with my parents and spent the night at their home on some weekends. In February I moved back home. I lived with another friend in an apartment on south Harrison Blvd June to August 1973 when we both moved back to our respective homes.

Early in the year 1973 I started working at IRS as a data transcriber. When the job ended in April of 1973 I began working at Hill Air Force Base in Clearfield, Utah, about 10 miles from my home on Quincy Ave. I worked as a data entry/keypunch operator until August 1974 when Hans and I were preparing to move to California.

Hans and I were married on February 14, 1974.  After we were married we lived in two Apartments in South Ogden before moving to an apartment on 9th St. in North Ogden.






At the end of August we moved to Southern California. We lived in Buena Park then in Anaheim. While living in these two cities I worked at El Toro Marine Air Station in Irvine. I was a supply/data entry clerk. In 1975 or 1976,  during the time we were living in Anaheim I quit my job at the marine air station and began working for Nevada/Pacific Bell in the city of Orange as a data entry clerk working on payroll information.



In November 1977 we moved into a brand new home we were purchasing. We had watched as it was being built on land that had been a grape vineyard. The home is in Etiwanda (Rancho Cucamonga) California. While living there our daughter Tammy was born (1978).




In August 1978 we moved from California back to Ogden. We lived at 2154 Quincy, just a half a block from my parent’s home from Aug. 1978 – Nov. 1979. While living here our son Shane was born (1979). I worked part-time at the Weber College Fitness Center in the child care center watching members’ children. While I was at work mom and dad watched Tammy.




By Dec. 1979 Hans, Tammy, Shane and I were living in a North Las Vegas,  NV apartment. In January 1980 we moved to 255 W Basic Ave., Henderson where we lived until Feb. of 1982. Our sons Jason (1980) and Bryan (1982) were born while we lived on Basic Avenue. In Feb. 1982 we moved to 255 W Van Wagenen just a block away.





Moving happened again in July 1983 to 1104 Oak Ave., Ogden, UT. This time it was the children and I. Hans moved back to Ogden a month later. We were no longer married but stayed friends. We saw each other every day. He lived with his sister.
We lived on Oak Ave. until August of 1985 when the children and I moved to South Ogden. We lived at 3613 Porter Ave. Aug. – Oct. 1985 and 3721 Adams Ave. Oct.1985 – Apr. 1987.  In the fall of 1985 I met Jeff Baker at a dance. We feel in love and married in Dec. 1985. Jeff had two children Diana born in 1981 and Keath born in 1982. Heather and Kevin were born in Nov. 1986 while we were living on Adams Ave.




California here we come again. We moved to Pomona in April 1987.  806 Vassar was our residence Apr. – Jun. 1987. We then called 2489 Alder Street, Pomona, our home until June of 1988 when we moved to 438 N Holmes, Ontario, CA. About the time we moved to Ontario Hans moved back to California living not far from where we lived.




 When we lived at 438 N Holmes we had many very good experiences. The kids had good friends for the most part, the boys loved cub scouts, we got to go to Disneyland once and we went to the LA County Fair several times.



         
We had 2 dogs, many cats and gold fish. While living here I was granted a final divorce from Jeff in December 1989. He kept coming and hanging around the house though. In April 1992 I, Hans and the kids moved back to Ogden. Hans and I were just friends and co-parents.

 "Some of the places I've lived" to be continued.

No comments: