Saturday, December 28, 2013

2013 a Year in Review Part 1



2013 in Review

Ups:


February 11 2013 I retired as a SPED Paraprofessional with NKC School District at Ravenwood Elementary. Retirement has its good and bad parts. I miss the kiddos I helped very much and the nice folks I worked with. I am happy to still keep in touch with most of them. But I so enjoy having me time and being able to choose what to do when I want to.







February 14 2013 Valentines Day Jess and I had a great time. We got all dressed up and when out to one of our favorite eating places Hong's Buffet and Mongolian Grill. We loved the food, the atmosphere and being with each other.







Starting in February thru April Jess and I worked on this collage. We both selected photos and Jess arranged them. It shows us as babies, children, teens and adults. Photos of us placed side by side show how we looked at that age up until 1992,  when we began dating and married. The photos then were place side by side by year. It was a fun project bringing back some very wonderful memories.


 March 29 - 31st Jason, Noi, Drake and Perresa gave me an early Happy Birthday surprise visit. They along with Heather, Kevin, and LaKai with Chris helped make my pre-birthday wonderful.  We met on 3 29 2013 at Golden Corral in Olathe, KS. Heather and LaKai brought me there where we were to meet Kevin. SURPRISE Jason, Noi, Drake and Perresa walked in with Kevin. We had a lot of fun while they were visiting.

They even helped us with our move from the 23rd Ave. house to our Loft apartment on 3 30 2013.

From March 15 to March 30th Jess and I were moving our things out of this home we had lived in since October 2007. The move was necessary monetarily since my retirement. We had to save money. That is why we moved into the apartment. We also gave a lot of our stuff away or trashed it.

If you look closely you can see a white "x" middle left side of this photo. It shows the location of our apt. It is on the 6th floor. We have lots of tall east facing window's that let in a lot of light. Jess and I were impressed with this apt. the minute we saw it. We moved only about a mile from the 23rd Ave. house.



March 15th Sylvia, David, Christina and I went to the Snake Saturday Parade NKC. Sylvia and I have seen the parade together since we first met at the parade in 2008. This year it was a cold day but we enjoyed the parade. It went on for a long time though so we left before it was over.

May 3rd and 16th, June 16th Jess and I saw movies on these dates. It's great that there have been some good movies to watch together this year.








June 8th Jess and I enjoyed seeing his oldest daughter living in a nice home with beautiful acreage all around. The dog and Kitten were fun.






July 4th I watched the fireworks from our apt. building's back deck. I had an excellent view. I made this collage from the fireworks photos I took. I love fireworks.





July and Aug. I enjoyed making this quilt for Eliana with love. The blocks are a barn and farm animals with each animal saying their sound.


Feb. 17th, June 23rd and July 21st It was great fun going to the movies this year with Heather and LaKai. I loved it very much.

No comments: