Sunday, December 30, 2012

August Happenings 2012 Part 1

Aug. 1st and 2nd-Jess and I camped at this state park.

Jess fixing dinner.

The view from our campsite.
Our wilderness look.


Jess set up a lil' theater at the campsite. We watched The Pink Panther Movie staring Steve Martin.
A Yummy breakfast prepared by Jess.
We rode our bikes over the very hilly campsite roads on Aug. 2.

One of the beautiful scenes and Jess looking out on the view from Overlook point at Weston Bend State Park.

Motoring, walking and playing in historic Weston, MO Aug. 2nd.
                   _______________________

Aug. 7th-Jess and I went to the Ameristar Theater and saw "Hope Springs".
            _____________________________ 


Aug. 12-I walked the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure in downtown Kansas City, MO. It was my 4th year doing it. I love participating it this event. I never tire of walking passed the Sprint Center (the 3rd photo) or the very interesting Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts building (the 5th photo). I love being part of something so positive. It is wonderful seeing all the participants who are breast cancer survivors.

           _______________________________________________________________________


Aug. 18th-Two of the photos from my after-hair-styled-by-Vall Villa-
 session with Jess as the photographer.







I loved watching the Olympics from the Opening Ceremony on July 27 to the last few events on August 12th. My favorite summer Olympics sports to watch were gymnastics, swimming, diving and running. I love the theme music for the Olympics and how London was set up for the games.
August 13th-The staff at Ravenwood went back to work. The children returned to school on August 21st. 

No comments: