Sunday, August 10, 2008

Yoga on the Lawn!

Beginners and the more experienced join together.

Same group another shot.

Beautiful gardens.

Lovely foliage.


I love these plants.

On Saturday, July 26, 2008 at 8 A.M. I had a wonderful experience. I was able to be part of a "Yoga on the lawn" practice. My instructor Henna invited all her students from each of her classes to participate in "Yoga on the lawn". Dolores volunteered Kathy's yard as just the right place for it. Kathy agreed and we had it in her beautiful yard.

It is hard to put into words how exhilarating it was to do Yoga amid nature. To hear the birds chirp, breathe the fresh morning air, see the spectacular sites of summertime nature and be among fellow Yogans was delightful.

Yoga is unlike anything I have ever done. It refreshes my entire being, renewing my mind, body and spirit. The exciting part is that I am learning how I can connect with myself inwardly and outwardly. I am discovering how to breathe to maximize my efforts, self awareness and calm. It helps me experience new spiritual levels. I feel surrounded by positiveness and love. I want to take those feelings with me through the rest of my day. It brings me closer to God.

No comments: